Hello Friends of the John o’ Groats Trail,
Briefly, Caithnesians please see the first item below about a meeting that hopefully will make available some much-needed funding. And big news for all, we have a bank account and can accept donations!
The JOGT has been entered in the Your Cash, Your Caithness funding competition. Our treasurer Sinclair Dunnett will speak for us. We need as many Caithness supporters as possible to come out to vote for us. You must be there from start to finish of event in order to vote. Details here:
The details of the Your Cash Your Caithness event to decide on your application for funding.
· Venue Pulteney Centre Huddart Street Wick, KW1 5BA (Telephone 01955 608530)
· Date Saturday 19th November 2016
· Time 9:30 am registration for a 10:15 am start
· Visitors will be required to sign in.
· Photographs/Video It is our intention to video and photograph the event, visitors will be required to give their permission during signing in, those not wishing to be filmed or photographed need to inform us during the signing in process.
· Announcement of results approx. 12:45 pm.
· Childcare is available but needs to be booked at the centre by the 17th November at the contact address above.
Each applicant will be allocated a five minute slot to put their case for funding, this will consist of a 3 minute talk, followed by a 2 minute question and answer session. An MC will control the event with the aid of a timekeeper.
On completion of the final presentation voting papers will be available for all those attending including any members of the public or guests of the applicants. Please note that voting will be open to anyone aged 14 or over on 19th November 2016.
You may take support along with you, all will be admitted subject to the fire capacity of the venue.
We now have a bank account for our charity. If you would like to donate, please let me know and I will send you our bank details. (I’m a little leery of giving out details in a widespread email.) In a few weeks we will have an online giving account and this will be easier. But early donations will certainly be very much appreciated, and all will go to practical needs like building materials for stiles.
We had a successful walk of Stage 10, Dunbeath to Lybster, on Sunday 30 October. We had an amazing 43 people turn up, and great weather on the day! We were overwhelmed by the number of people, in every sense of the word.
All always, thank you for your support!