Local Walking Groups:
- Sutherland Walkers Group: Based in Dornoch, Bruce Field chair
- Great Glen Walking Club: Based in Inverness, Walter Grant president
- Caithness Waybaggers: Based in Wick, Robert MacKenzie chair
- The Ramblers, Inverness Group: Roger Smith chair
- Easter Ross Rights of Way Association, Alistair Jupp chair
- DACIC: Dornoch Area Community Interest Company
- Timespan: A cultural museum, arts centre and cafe located in Helmsdale
- Venture North: A tourism organisation promoting Caithness and Sutherland
- BaDAG: Brora and District Action Group
- Black Isle Tourism Group
- Thrumster Estates: B&B, self-catering accommodation, and shooting and stalking holidays, near Wick
- Puffin Express Tours: Private day-tours of the Highlands, based in Inverness
- Netherton Farm B&B: Lovely farm B&B with en-suite rooms, on the Black Isle
- Colourflow-Images: Nature photography specialists, near Helmsdale
- Seaview Hotel: A family-run hotel near John o’Groats, renowned for its hospitality
- Patricia Niemann: Goldsmith and designer for gemstones, jewellery and studio glass, Berriedale studio open to visitors
- Haven House Art: Original Scottish Art by Lisa Weller, located on the Caithness Coast
- Caithness Seacoast Ltd: What better way to celebrate completing the trail than to ride along the coast in a speedboat, exploring the caves and other features.
- North Shore Pottery: Award-winning pottery a short walk from the trail in Forse on stage 10.
Other websites of possible interest:
- LEJOG Walking Journey Planner – NEW
- Sinclair Dunnett, an Inverness-based walking and history guide operating in the Highlands, provided this link to a photo slideshow of one of our days walking the JOGT route.
- Outdoor Highlands Official page of links to Highland long-distance walks including us!
- Venture North, the tourism web site for Caithness and Sutherland, features photos and short descriptions of the 10 stages of the JOGT from Dornoch to John o’Groats.
- The North Highland Way